How to Setup Temperature Limiting on Amana PTACs
Amana offers a wide range of features on their PTAC units for both homeowners, commercial property managers, and hotels. Temperature limiting is used to mask the maximum temperature that a PTAC can be set to. This feature can save you money by allowing someone to set the unit as high or low as they want while the real limit is masked. This quick guide and video will show you how to make this easy change.
- Hold down the temperature up and down buttons then double tap the off button. C1 will display on the screen.
- Press the Heat button until C8 is displayed. C8 is the cooling limit.
- Use the temperature up and down buttons to set the lowest temperature you want the unit to be able to reach.
- Press the off button to save the settings.
- To set the heating limit, simply repeat steps 1-4, except change C9 instead of C8.
It’s that simple! You can soon be on the path to a lower energy bill.
Questions? Looking to purchase an Amana PTAC? Contact us at 877-847-0050.