How to Start a Run Test on an Amana PTAC Unit
Are you having issues with your Amana PTAC unit? An Amana run test is a great way to make sure that every part of your PTAC is working properly. The simple test runs the unit through all heating, cooling, and fan functions in a specific order. This allows you to isolate the issue and know which part needs to be fixed or replaced.
To start the run test:
- Make sure that the PTAC unit is plugged in, but not powered on.
- Press and hold the temperature up and down arrows and double tap the heat button.
- The number 88 will appear on the display.
- The unit will then begin the test. The order of events is:
- Low Fan Mode
- High Fan Mode
- Compressor Engage
- All lights turn on and low heat mode begins
- High heat mode
- Test is now complete.
If anything is not working, you will now know which part is bad.
Amana PTAC units can often be repaired if the issue is electrical. If the compressor fails outside of the 5 year warranty period, it is often better to replace the unit. Looking for a new PTAC? Visit TotalHomeSupply.com for a new Amana PTAC.